Холиварофорум

Не все, что говорят на Холиварке — правда!

Вы не вошли.

Объявление

Холиварка празднует День Чтеца!
Ознакомиться с праздничными чтениями можно в соответствующем разделе

#1 2021-12-26 21:16:46

Анон

English thread

Let's chat in English, dear anonymous! You can write about everything here, regardless of your level.

Your English level is…

1. A1(голосов 7 [3.8%])

3.8%

2. A2(голосов 10 [5.43%])

5.43%

3. B1(голосов 24 [13.04%])

13.04%

4. B2(голосов 56 [30.43%])

30.43%

5. C1(голосов 59 [32.07%])

32.07%

6. C2(голосов 28 [15.22%])

15.22%

Всего голосов: 184

Гости не могут голосовать

#626 2022-01-15 12:30:15

Анон

Re: English thread

Hello, I'm Postman Pechkin, I brought you an invitation to a project, except I'm not gonna give you the link, because you ain't got the documents.  :heh:

#627 2022-01-15 12:31:55

Анон

Анон пишет:

Hello, I'm Postman Pechkin, I brought you an invitation to a project, except I'm not gonna give you the link, because you ain't got the documents.  :heh:

Haha, I'm sorry, nonnie. I have edited and added the link

#628 2022-01-21 05:00:52

Анон

It was interesting to find out that both Russian and English use the word „left“ for expression like “ни с хуя”. “To ask out of left field” и “задавать левый вопрос”.

#629 2022-01-21 05:06:21

Анон

Анон пишет:

It was interesting to find out that both Russian and English use the word „left“ for expression like “ни с хуя”. “To ask out of left field” и “задавать левый вопрос”.

I think it's a very common language logic. Right also exists as both правый and правильный.
Maybe it's even common for all Indo-European languages.

#630 2022-01-21 05:14:21

Анон

Анон пишет:

I think it's a very common language logic. Right also exists as both правый and правильный.
Maybe it's even common for all Indo-European languages.

Dunno about all, but for enough of them for sure. Just a reminder that first meaning of "sinister" in Latin is "left"  =D
The same applies to black.

#631 2022-01-26 06:11:53

Анон

What English language sites do u like, guys

#632 2022-01-26 17:14:54

Анон

I'm trying to translate my fanfic into English and I'm wondering if they have betas. I've never seen "beta" or "editor" in fanfiction descriptions. But as you can see I really need an editor  ;D  Do you think I can find it on Reddit, Tumblr or somewhere else?

#633 2022-01-26 17:17:57

Анон

Анон пишет:

I'm wondering if they have betas.

They sure do! Look: https://betaplease.dreamwidth.org/

(I'm not sure just how active is this comm, but you certainly can ask in other places)

#634 2022-01-26 17:21:20

Анон

Анон пишет:

I've never seen "beta" or "editor" in fanfiction descriptions.

Really? I often see betas mentioned in author's notes on AO3. Or opposite, lots of fics have tag 'no beta we die like real man', or 'character name who dies in canon' instead of 'real man'.

#635 2022-01-26 17:29:03

Анон

Анон пишет:

I'm trying to translate my fanfic into English and I'm wondering if they have betas. I've never seen "beta" or "editor" in fanfiction descriptions. But as you can see I really need an editor  ;D  Do you think I can find it on Reddit, Tumblr or somewhere else?

Of course, they do have betas. Typically people say thankyou to them in the author's notes or mention that something is unbetaed.
Depends on what you're writing, I think. If you need a beta for some gen or non-explicit het, you may have some luck in r/fanfiction subreddits. If you have something like a very explicit kinky slash, try on FFA, I saw people looking for betas there and people are generally more into kinks there.

#636 2022-01-27 12:19:19

Анон

Анон пишет:

What English language sites do u like, guys

Do you mean to learn English or just to talk in it?

#637 2022-01-27 12:50:38

Анон

Анон пишет:

to talk in it?

This

#638 2022-01-27 12:53:15

Анон

-_0

#639 2022-01-27 12:56:47

Анон

Анон пишет:

-_0

What?

#640 2022-01-28 02:54:40

Анон

Анон пишет:

If you have something like a very explicit kinky slash, try on FFA, I saw people looking for betas there and people are generally more into kinks there.

Thank you! So they call them "betas", not "editors"?
It's slash (and it's quite problematic pairing). But i don't know what is the FFA and Yandex didn't help me.

#641 2022-01-28 02:58:57

Анон

Анон пишет:

But i don't know what is the FFA.

Fail Fandom Anon https://fail-fandomanon.dreamwidth.org/
But I never got round to figuring out how it works, just read different threads now and then.

#642 2022-01-28 03:01:17

Анон

i want to fuck a parrot!!!!!

#643 2022-01-28 03:02:38

Анон

Анон пишет:
Анон пишет:

If you have something like a very explicit kinky slash, try on FFA, I saw people looking for betas there and people are generally more into kinks there.

Thank you! So they call them "betas", not "editors"?
It's slash (and it's quite problematic pairing). But i don't know what is the FFA and Yandex didn't help me.

Oh come on... No one reads the thread, I take it. Every other page someone asks about FFA because two pages ago is too far away...
Go to page 2 of this thread, there was a link. It's an English-speaking fandom anonymous community. Yep, they call them betas too.

#644 2022-01-28 03:19:18

Анон

Анон пишет:
Анон пишет:

But i don't know what is the FFA.

Fail Fandom Anon https://fail-fandomanon.dreamwidth.org/
But I never got round to figuring out how it works, just read different threads now and then.

It's basically Pravdorub but instead of having dedicated threads they do one big common post and anons start threads inside it. As soon as common post reaches 6500 comments, it turns over and mods open the next common post for commenting and then anons make threads again and the old post is abandoned. It's kinda... non-intuitive, yeah, but that's how it works. If you want to search for something, like what was written about your fandom there before, you use https://dememe.info/ (Username/password pairs are nonnie/pony, nonny/seal, or ayrt/velociraptor)

If you want to participate, you go to the current (the latest open) common post, they have numbers typically and some mysterious fancy name (usually it's a funny quote from some discussion in recent posts, if you click on the link in the body of post, it'll take you there). I usually click on "Top-Level Comments Only" and skim through thread titles looking for what is of interest to me. Like, some stranger fandoms? skip! some "spanking thread"? skip! "iddy thread"? skip! hmm, anime and manga? lets look what's there! fandom brattiness/venting? yep, I wanna vent/brat maybe! other hobbies thread? lets look! asian dramas? that will do! and so on. Threads I'm interested in I open in separate tabs and update from time to time, chatting there. When the post reaches 6500, I close all the tabs, go to the next post, and repeat.

Отредактировано (2022-01-28 03:22:22)

#645 2022-01-28 04:15:59

Анон

Анон пишет:

Like, some stranger fandoms? skip! some "spanking thread"? skip! "iddy thread"? skip!

I understand skipping stranger fandoms and spanking, but what is your beef against the iddy?  :lol:

#646 2022-01-28 04:20:46

Анон

Thanks for answers!  :heart2:

Анон пишет:

instead of having dedicated threads they do one big common post and anons start threads inside it. As soon as common post reaches 6500 comments, it turns over and mods open the next common post for commenting and then anons make threads again and the old post is abandoned.

Sounds weird, I want to try. :) Thank you!  :heart:

#647 2022-01-28 04:35:32

Анон

Анон пишет:
Анон пишет:

to talk in it?

This

Reddit, Quora, FB groups.

#648 2022-01-28 05:42:30

Анон

Анон пишет:
Анон пишет:

Like, some stranger fandoms? skip! some "spanking thread"? skip! "iddy thread"? skip!

I understand skipping stranger fandoms and spanking, but what is your beef against the iddy?  :lol:

Oh, it's not a beef per se, I have nothing against a concept of iddy, but I peered into these threads a few times and they're kinda boring to me. Dunno. I guess I have no real interest in reading what's iddy for other people and writing about my iddy things. I have them, I know them, I search for them in fic. I don't want to idly chat about them though. In the same way, I'm not interested in kinktomato and squickcilantro threads. What is the point of reading/writing that you like size difference and don't like bdsm in every post. I'm not subscribed to threads like "Dirty little fanfiction secrets" here as well. I just hunt iddy fic in the wild by myself when I want it, it's between me and ao3.

#649 2022-02-04 04:10:59

Анон

one big common post and anons start threads inside it. As soon as common post reaches 6500 comments, it turns over and mods open the next common post for commenting and then anons make threads again and the old post is abandoned.

Wow. That's the most retarded forum layout I've ever heard about.

#650 2022-02-04 04:12:20

Анон

Анон пишет:

one big common post and anons start threads inside it. As soon as common post reaches 6500 comments, it turns over and mods open the next common post for commenting and then anons make threads again and the old post is abandoned.

Wow. That's the most retarded forum layout I've ever heard about.

Maybe because it's not a forum.

Подвал форума

Основано на FluxBB, с модификациями Visman
Доработано специально для Холиварофорума