Холиварофорум

Это холиварка, здесь могут послать нахуй. Институт благородных девиц дальше по коридору.

Вы не вошли.

#1 2026-06-10 10:50:19

Анон

Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Hello!

I’ve been playing D&D in English for a while now - it’s a great way to practise speaking while enjoying my favourite hobby. Now I’d like to work on my writing skills too!

I’m starting a new multishot (today, actually), and I’ve also been part of a longer campaign for over a year now. Here you’ll find posts about my characters, recaps of our sessions, and - fingers crossed - some cool stories.

I have a fair bit of TTRPG experience: about ten to fifteen years, depending on where you start counting. I love Blades in the Dark, D&D, Fate, Call of Cthulhu, The Witch is Dead, Mausritter and so on. I prefer playing in longer campaigns, but when I’m behind the screen, it’s mostly one-shots - especially Blades in the Dark.

I’m always keen to try new systems, but this blog will mainly be about my D&D adventures in English.

Everyone is welcome! Feel free to comment in English or Russian, though I’ll be writing my posts in English only.

Have fun, and enjoy the read!

PS: sometimes I’m writing fun fiction about our adventures, but it’s in Russian. Probably I’ll share something with those who is interested!

Отредактировано (2026-06-10 10:55:05)

#2 2026-06-10 18:29:04

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Hiiiiii! I'd love to read about dnd, subbed (мозг устал от английского, дальше на русском)
Очень интересен твой, анон, опыт, если ты когда нибудь дмил. То, что ты на английском играешь в днд - это прям впечатляет, я не могу так быстро думать. И если тебе не сложно, скажи, есть ли у тебя опыт с Миром Тьмы?

#3 2026-06-10 19:09:45

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Анон пишет:

Hiiiiii! I'd love to read about dnd, subbed (мозг устал от английского, дальше на русском)
Очень интересен твой, анон, опыт, если ты когда нибудь дмил. То, что ты на английском играешь в днд - это прям впечатляет, я не могу так быстро думать. И если тебе не сложно, скажи, есть ли у тебя опыт с Миром Тьмы?

HEY! :heart:
Yep, I’ve DMed a lot, but only in Russian - I’m still not comfortable doing it in English. Usually I run one-shots at different conventions, and it’s often Blades in the Dark.
Yep, we had a short World of Darkness campaign, also set in Doskvol. World of Darkness is captivating, but I’m not that deep in its lore, unfortunately. I played as the tremendous Dolores Coventry - a Toreador. She loves chaos, people’s suffering, and plotting + scheming.
And then we had a crossover with our Blades in the Dark campaign :) When vampires decided to show our cult who’s in charge of the city… it didn’t go well for them.

Отредактировано (2026-06-10 19:13:50)

#4 2026-06-10 20:23:47

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Thank you for answering! Never had any experience with Blades in the Dark, I'll look into it. Haven't had much experience with World of Darkness either, but I was translating one rulebook for an offshoot setting, and had trouble translating with all the Merits and stuff... so I wanted to know if it was as hard for you. In any case, your character and the crossover sound really cool, right up my alley. Keep it up, I don't see many ttrpg blogs around here!

Муа :iloveyou:

#5 2026-06-12 15:17:34

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

So two days ago I had the first session of a multishot, and it’s about preventing the release of the Demon Queen.

The party is nice! There’s me, Audrey - a tiefling warlock with a Celestial patron; Ox, a halfling rogue; Basalt, a Goliath warrior; and Lori, a gnome wizard.

We were deemed worthy of entering the Demon Queen’s prison to perform a ritual that will prevent her release.

We were promised a ridiculous amount of gold for our level - eight thousand gold each! Audrey didn’t believe it, but it turns out our guide and patron really thinks he can pay us that handsomely.

We thoroughly explored the first five rooms of the dungeon.

One sarcophagus was radiating necromantic energy, so we didn’t touch it, just in case :)

We also found lots of small scorpions, some signs of a struggle, and a Sleeping Guardian, who supposedly knows more about this prison, as she’s been in an eternal slumber for quite some time. But we haven’t found a way to wake her up yet.

We also have some scrolls about ancient rituals with six pillars or six perfected abilities, and some old blueprints of the prison, but they gave us next to nothing, unfortunately.

Then we found a big platform with an “end of imprisonment” countdown and four doors marked with depictions of the Demon Queen’s generals. While we were exploring the doors, Basalt failed to notice a trap and fell, taking eight points of damage. Down there he saw something terrifying, but we only witnessed his fall.

That was it for the evening!

I still have a feeling we’re missing something - some obvious detail - because it’s always like that in prepared adventures: they’re like a puzzle you need to solve. And I’m actually not that good at solving riddles :(

I still hope we’re going to survive!

Next, I’ll post Audrey’s backstory.

It’s connected to my favourite, tremendous, and magnificent D&D campaign that I played with my friends for four years. I’ll probably write about it from time to time, because it’s a fixed point in my life - it was that good. I consider it the best of all time, but it came to a logical conclusion, so I’m searching for something even remotely that perfect.

Sorry for my rambling :)

#6 2026-06-12 15:24:42

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Анон пишет:

Thank you for answering! Never had any experience with Blades in the Dark, I'll look into it. Haven't had much experience with World of Darkness either, but I was translating one rulebook for an offshoot setting, and had trouble translating with all the Merits and stuff... so I wanted to know if it was as hard for you. In any case, your character and the crossover sound really cool, right up my alley. Keep it up, I don't see many ttrpg blogs around here!

Муа :iloveyou:

If you fancy dark and misterious settings, I think you'll love Blades in the Dark! There, you are playing as criminals who are trying to earn some money and reputation in everlasting night of Doskvol - port city, that makes its living hunting leviafances, misterious cretures of deep sea around.

About World of Darkness - we were playing 5th edithin, that was translated into Russian. But I can try to help with translating some difficult things if you are interested still!

Отредактировано (2026-06-12 15:25:56)

#7 2026-06-13 18:40:36

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Анон пишет:
Анон пишет:

Thank you for answering! Never had any experience with Blades in the Dark, I'll look into it. Haven't had much experience with World of Darkness either, but I was translating one rulebook for an offshoot setting, and had trouble translating with all the Merits and stuff... so I wanted to know if it was as hard for you. In any case, your character and the crossover sound really cool, right up my alley. Keep it up, I don't see many ttrpg blogs around here!

Муа :iloveyou:

If you fancy dark and misterious settings, I think you'll love Blades in the Dark! There, you are playing as criminals who are trying to earn some money and reputation in everlasting night of Doskvol - port city, that makes its living hunting leviafances, misterious cretures of deep sea around.

About World of Darkness - we were playing 5th edithin, that was translated into Russian. But I can try to help with translating some difficult things if you are interested still!

Спасибо огромное за предложение анон, но там работа уже к концу идёт, так что всё хорошо :heart: Спасибо за рекомендацию!

#8 2026-06-13 18:44:55

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Yaaaay, the campaign!!! It sounds great. I also have a lot of trouble with riddles :pink:  I kind of hate them, and feel so bad for the DM, cause I never participate in solving them, but my brain just can't listen well.

I'll be really glad to read about your DnD campaign, and don't apologize for rambling, that's your blog, after all

#9 2026-06-14 15:18:36

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

So, here is Audrey's backstory!

Audrey was born somewhere in Faerûn. She can hardly remember her childhood up to six years, when she was wandering the streets of Silverymoon. She was a beggar, a petty thief, a mischievous soul, but after a year of low life she was found by Ilmater's followers, who brought her to an orphanage.
It was led by two former adventurers: the great and powerful priestess of Tymora, Sylviel, and a paladin of Ilmater, Lumiella. They were wives and tried their best to give the orphans a stable home.
Despite their best efforts, Audrey didn’t change her ways. She couldn’t trust anyone entirely, and street life was something she knew.
Her petty crimes, with age, became more and more noticeable to the authorities, and after she robbed a church of Ilmater (and broke one of the relics), Sylviel and Lumi were forced to do something radical to ensure Audrey’s safety.
Generally, Audrey didn’t want to rob the church, but her street friends played on her insecurities. “Did you see anyone with horns in the saints’ books?”, “You are afraid of those petty people who live within their walls?”, “You are almost one of them, it would be easy!”, and after the theft she felt sincere regret, but couldn’t force herself to publicly admit it.
Lumi and Sylviel had a good friend from their adventures, a tiefling named Magniy. He and his partner, an angel named Ramir, lived in Sigil, where they started a curious venture — a place where, in exchange for secrets, fallen creatures could try to achieve, if not forgiveness, then peace. It was named “M for Mercy”, and it was relatively successful.
Magniy used to help tieflings from all over the Portal Cities when he lived there, so he took a plea for refuge for Audrey seriously, and brought her into their home with Ramir.
But Audrey saw her exile as something of a betrayal. She had been taken from the streets, she had been assured that she was loved, and then — she was tossed into another realm when her mothers couldn't deal with her anymore?
Ramir, over time, changed her mind. His patience, his lessons, and the gift of magic made Audrey understand that her mothers had tried to find her a better place to live. And Magniy, also a patient teacher, showed her the wonders of the multiverse.
Audrey’s adventurous soul couldn't allow her to stay in one place for long, and one day the wish for change got the better of her, and she ran away — this time willingly.
Ramir's message “You will always be welcome back here” took her by surprise, but now she knows that she has a place she can call home.
Audrey is a charming, easygoing and flexible character. She wants to explore the world, to see everything with her own eyes and to meet new people — and probably to earn herself some fortune in the end!
She is still a little bitter about the way she was separated from Lumi and Sylviel, and someday wants to make amends. She wants to forgive and be forgiven.

Отредактировано (2026-06-14 15:18:55)

#10 2026-06-15 19:26:08

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Анон пишет:

Yaaaay, the campaign!!! It sounds great. I also have a lot of trouble with riddles :pink:  I kind of hate them, and feel so bad for the DM, cause I never participate in solving them, but my brain just can't listen well.

I'll be really glad to read about your DnD campaign, and don't apologize for rambling, that's your blog, after all

Once I solved the riddle which was a play in X and O. I'm still proud of it! But usually I'm also very uncomfortable with them  :sadcat:

I'm happy that you are interested! :heart: Thank you for commeting and just being here!

Отредактировано (2026-06-15 19:27:48)

#11 2026-06-17 13:49:15

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

So, about my main campaign!

It's a long story if I start from the very beginning, so I'll drop bits of lore from time to time. But for now - it's about our adventures in Emmelmond. The world is called Faern; it's the DM's own setting.

Emmelmond is the hometown of my character - an elf wizard named Taar'Faer, a Bladesinger.
When I got the spell Message, I found out that something isn't right there. A great deal of tension is being stirred up between elves and other races, mainly humans, by so-called "Men of the People."

Taar's parents are ceramists and his grandparents are tailors, so their businesses suffered a lot from these tensions. His parents were even forced to hire a guard to protect them.
And now we're investigating what really happened and who is behind this plot.

"We" means Taar, Morrigan - a Wild Magic sorcerer, Blight - a necromancer warlock, and Damien - a fey wanderer ranger. We're level six now.

We've managed to find some persons of interest, and we're now convinced that even the Lord Protector of the city is connected to these events.

With the help of Eve, our warlock's familiar, we found a map in the Lord Protector's office. For some reason, it's a map of the graveyard dedicated to Kelemvor. There were also some notes - and a mysterious "A.D.," someone or something connected to Kelemvor.

But we found nothing of interest in the graveyard.

Then, in Damen's room - the son of the Lord Protector - we found a parchment of some sort. Curiously, it was from a shop called "Remains to Be Seen," a necromantic shop whose owner Blight had previously befriended. It was some kind of package containing a necromantic scroll, so we decided to visit the shop and maybe check the ledger book…

We arrived at the shop, and some kind of assassin decided to attack the owner right in front of us!

And now we're in the middle of a fight with a mage of no less than ninth level!!!

Unfortunately, Damien isn't with us - he's a painter and was commissioned to do a portrait of an engaged noble couple, so he's busy with that in the citadel.

I should mention that we previously helped the young son of the Lord Protector, and his mother invited us to stay there.

We also know that something big is going to happen at the end of the week, when the engagement ball takes place. We're trying to get an invitation to the ball, but so far with no success.

So, a lot of mystery and little action (until we met the assassin).

Next time we're planning to follow Damen and see who he's planning to meet. It's definitely something shady!

#12 2026-06-30 12:53:02

Анон

Re: Crit happens [dnd][yc][eng]

Another game in my campaign!

We killed an assassin! But, unfortunately, we didn't get much out of it - we wanted to know what services the shop owner provided to the Lord Protector, but she mostly refused to talk. Well, I guess we'll need to do a little break-in and take a careful look at her ledger. It's a shame, really—I thought a “favor for a favor” would really be an option there.

After this small success, Taar went home, but Damien and Blight decided to mess with one of our persons of interest. He's part of the anti-elven conspiracy, so they decided to look into his house.

Fortunately, he was out, and Damien and Blight managed to break in successfully. As a lookout, Damien chatted up a street dog, gave him some treats, and asked him to guard the door.

Inside the house, they found a sword and a set of armour - very well made and kept like prized possessions. Which was weird, since our person of interest isn't well-off enough to own such things. Blight and Damien stole them and then made a real mess of the house, just to scare off our supposed enemy.

After that, they came to Taar's family home with the dog, who was immediately adopted by Taar's brother - with some hesitation from their parents - but now he has a home!

Then we proceeded with the plan to follow Damen to his secret meeting. We found a good hiding spot, and now Taar is ready to probe Damen's mind as deeply as possible to extract any useful information we desperately need.

Tomorrow I have a session in my multishot.

Previously, we successfully beat one boss with the help of my character's Daylight spell (the boss was hiding in darkness and trying to mess with our minds), and now we're in the second boss room. It's flooded, and we have very little time to kill him - or find another way to defeat him. Our wizard can barely cast any spells, and my spells are also limited to two or three, soooo… it's going to be hard. But we'll see!

Отредактировано (2026-06-30 17:02:23)

Подвал форума

Основано на FluxBB, с модификациями Visman
Доработано специально для Холиварофорума

▲